Thursday, January 15, 2009

Skate Date

Last week, I decided it was time for a date... not with Mike, however, WITH JACK! So... all week we talked about our date together and how much fun it was going to be to go HOCKEY SKATING with JUST Mommy!!! Sunday afternoon came and we went. It was so much fun. I remembered, as I was teaching Jack on the ice, all of the times I had taught the beginner skating class in high school and how it was so surreal that now it was my little guy!


At any rate, I was so proud of him. We got there with 1:45 left of skating time and we used EVERY minute of it! It started by me holding his hands and skating behind him, to holding onto the walker, then letting go of the walker and skating next to him, to finally ditching the walker and having him skate BY HIMSELF to me! HE DID IT!!! Here is the footage of our skate date! Enjoy. (And... Gopher Hockey program... we are coming!)


Here we are on our way to the Rochester Recreation Center for our BIG date!
Jack and Mommy just before we hit the ice!

Just some cuteness in action!


The FIRST TIME Jack skated solo!!

No comments: