Monday, March 30, 2009

A little game I like to call 'Catch-Up'!

I can't believe how I have been neglecting our family blog over the past month! All that Facebook-ing really sucks up my online time. Sad, but true!

Since Sophie's Birthday Party post, The Roe Family has been keeping busy with a quiet weekend at home...


A trip to G&Gs in New Ulm...



A rather uneventful St. Patty's Day...

The birth of Baby Jace Rollins (my soon-to-be God Child!) on 3.21.09...



And our first trip to the MN Zoo...











The part that is the most embarrassing is that I haven't updated since our sweet baby girl has converted from hands and knees to little feet officially on Tuesday, March 10, 2009! Yes, Sophie is walking... well, actually, running wherever she pleases! It never ceases to amaze us and make us smile our biggest grins when she comes cruising around the corner and down the hallway into the kitchen!! It is simply adorable.

She has also been adding words to her vocabulary, sometimes by the hour! So far, these are the words she says... you know, only the kind of words that Mommy, Daddy, and Jack can understand. The rest of you just think we are embellishing!!

Mama
Dada
Jack (and is always said with her most loving smile)
Baba (bottle)
Cheer...y (Cheerios)
Book (every other minute - the girl loves books!!)
Bay (baby)
Drrrnk (drink)
MAAAAA (her cry for more of whatever it is she wants more of)
Juu (juice)
Puupa (puppy)
Buu (Buda - the day care doggy)
Prit (Pretty)

Another adorable and kitchy thing our Soatsy-Moatsy does is laugh on cue! Yep... she has this fantastically fake laugh she whips out if she hears laughter in the room! She just wants to be part of the fun. Ohh... we are in trouble. I have jokingly called her our 'Party Girl' for months, but I am starting to see that it might have been more than a random nickname! Poor Mike! He is going to be gray by the time she is 12!

Jack... sweet Jack! Well, he is definitely our resident Hockey NUT! No lie... it is to the point of calling it what it is... an official obsession! (Uhm... I'm sure if I go back in time, we could recall asking for this!) So, now that we have our sports fanatic, we run our lives around 'hockey games' in the kitchen, living room, basement, garage (when it is nice enough), or out on the driveway.

Here's a typical day... Jack wakes up, asks to play hockey before he can even see straight, breakfast, a quick couple of shots on the goal, off to day care, bring puck to day care, home from day care, asks to play hockey immediately when pulling into the garage (actually, he asks me not to pull in so he can play garage hockey), plays hockey while we get supper ready, stops to eat (but he is really on the hockey diet now which consists of him only eating for as long as he can stand not to play hockey), slips down to the basement quietly to get back to hockey game, persuasion ensues to get a bath in, practice shooting/stick-handling, story time, sleep... but not before begging to go down one more time to play hockey. Seriously... we do love it and just cannot believe what we've created some days!!!

He is also reading US books now, which doesn't get ANY more cute! He is a sponge and pulls things (from that brain that I now know retains every little thing that is done, said, or shown to him) out of the blue to remind me of or just shock me with the fact that he KNOWS!! Mike and I sometimes just look at one another like, "Are you for real little man?!" The best is about three weeks ago, he told me I was a 'mean mommy' because he wanted a new Thomas the Train engine... Henry... and we have been trying to teach him that you can't always get what you want (Rolling Stones?). Anyway, so I offered up that he could ask for it for his birthday. He proceeded to remind me that, "I have to wait a long time, Mommy! Your birthday first, then mine... That a LONG TIME!! You a mean mommy! I call the police to tell them on you!" Ha! Seriously... I busted out laughing and then Sophie followed suit! So, not only is he smart enough to know how long he has to wait for his impending birthday, but he also knows who to call (or so he thinks) to tell on me! ;)

As for Ms. Sophia... well, I left for one day to go to Tina's baby shower only to come home to my girl joining in the madness of all things hockey! Daddy would hand her the floor hockey stick and the puck and there she went!?! WHAT?!?! Nope, sorry. If she gets on the ice, it will have to be in skates with a toe-pick! ;) I preserved the moment on video, however.



Mike is doing awesome! He is really loving his job and is doing so well... sales and marketing... could his job get anymore perfect for him? Such a schmoozer! He really does have it made! And... it IS March Madness at our house so basketball is on the menu 24/7! I, of course, try not to pay attention to it and have managed to get through 10 years of it without really ever knowing who is what and what is what! He loves it, I love that he loves it, and that's that!

I am doing great as well! With Sophie turning one earlier this month, I have started carving out a little more time to re-connect with my girl friends! We had Tina's baby shower this weekend and decided to keep the party going by doing a little house-warming party girlie girls style! We cooked up a massive feast and just sat around the kitchen table until 2am catching up! I LOVE those nights with my girls!!

No comments: