Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Oh the things they say...

I always thought it would be so fun to keep a running log of cute things said by Jack and/or Sophie or conversations we have with them that blows our minds. I will title these 'Oh the things they say...'!

So, the other day, Jack called Grandma and she asked him if he was going to come to NU and spend the night. He said, "Probably not." (Like the Magic 8 Ball... what?!)

Sophie and her 'Nos'. OK, so I remember when Jack learned 'No' and how frequently he chose to say no over yes and how cute it was, but nothing tops the way in which Sophie dictates a 'No'! She pokes her chin into her chest, flashes her big beautiful blue eyes up, flutters her eyelashes, and purses her lips for the cutest and most pouty 'no' you have ever seen or heard! TROUBLE!!!

I bought Jack this cute book called 'Llama, Llama Red Pajama' because we have a little llama farm just down the street from our house and I knew he would think it is funny. What I didn't realize, is how much of it he would memorize and then subsequently pull out at the most appropriate time to use in context. So... the story is all about a baby llama who doesn't want to go to sleep by himself and how he keeps yelling for his mama llama (sound familiar to anyone who knows Jack?). Well, once the mama llama actually gets upstairs to baby llama, she says, "Baby llama, why the tizzy? Sometimes Mama llama's very busy!" Well, needless to say, I was busy when Jack was requesting my attention and before I could ask him to wait one more minute... out comes, "Baby llama, why the tizzy? Sometimes Mama llama's very busy!" KILLER.

1 comment:

Jaci said...

No lie, Amanda--Q and I have that book too, and he does the EXACT SAME THING. And he always says, "Uh oh Llama, mama's upset!" on the page where there's no words & she's frantic.

LOVE IT! Very cute. :o)