Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"Where does Jesus Live?"

Jack, Sophie, and I went to Target last Friday to grab a few things before heading home and starting our weekend off with Daddy.  Of course, we happened upon the $1 section.  It gets us everytime!  The kids were rummaging through the selection to find the perfect item for their prize.  Jack picked out a ball that looked like the Earth.  He wanted 'the planet'.  I thought, GREAT!  Fun, educational, cheap.  Whatev.  I'm sold. 

As we were walking down the isle, he was intently examing the 'planet' and then he suddenly looks up and asks, "Mommy, where does Jesus live?".  This is a concept that is difficult to grasp as 'heaven' isn't a place in which we can put our finger on a map and point.  So, I started explaning how Jesus doesn't live on Earth and that he lives up past the clouds in the sky, way up high in Heaven.  He kept turning the ball around and looking for Heaven. 

Jack:  Is it here, Mommy?
Me:  No, up past the sky, Jacky.  
Jack:  Why I not see Heaven, Mommy?
Me:  It is above the Earth... up here.  (pointing to the thin air... making things more confusing conceptually for him.)
Jack:  Here??? (pointing to what looked to be an abstract Australia)
Me: Yep... right there! 

I figured... at least he knows about Jesus and thinks about him when he looks at the Earth!  We'll cross the other bridges later!  Precious conversation!

No comments: