Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Angels

Yesterday, while driving home from school, I told Jack that we were actually on two miles left for gas.  I asked him to say a prayer for us to make it to the gas station, which he did because I could see him fold his hands and focus on saying the prayer to himself.  He watched the dashboard go from 2 miles, to 1 mile, to 0 miles.  Then, he said, "I think angels are pushing us now, Mom!  How else would we still be going... we are on zero now." 

The best part about this comment is that we haven't talked about 'angels' for quite a while.  It is one of those moments when you just know kids understand.  Well, we made it to the gas station and had quite an interesting rest of the ride home discussing angels, their work, and why we can't see them! 

No comments: