OK, so I haven't done the big update on what new things the kids have been up to, so I thought I would share some cute stories today...
Jack... what a little man. Seriously, he makes Mike and I laugh so hard. He has entered the year of the 2, that is for sure! He, on occassion, decides that the world as he knows it is about to end when things like having to come in from playing outside to eat lunch and take a ni-ni happen. Yes, it is quite the spectical. His little freak-outs have turned so animated that we feel there is nothing left to do but break out in laughter... which we know isn't the right thing to do. We try like the devil to turn our heads the other way when we start cracking a smile (pre-laugh) but once one of us catches the other smirking, it is over. Jack already realizes, as well, that if he bats his eyes at me when I am telling him something serious, he can usually find the one weak bone in my body that just wants to give in because is so dang cute! Ahh... the little scheister! We are working on the counting and ABC's right now. It is going. He would just much rather be tooting on his sister, trying to burp on que or just playing with his boy toys. I don't know... I already see the difference in a boy versus girls despite how little Sophie is in comparison.
Sophie is just exploding with new things as well. She is at the stage of rolling and scootching around and it is so cute. She gets her little legs bent at the knees and pulls them into her chest along with her arms and then goes for the big roll from back to tummy. She likes reaching out for things and trying to get at them, and usually does really well and reaching them somehow! She is talking up a storm and loves it when Jack, in particular, gets right in her face and talks softly to her by saying things like, "Hi, Soats! Soapie... Jack's here. Mommy's here.". The smile and noises she makes for him are absolutely pure love and adoration.
Now... for some of the latest photos from last weekend. Mom and Aunt Karen came down to spend the night with Jack and Sophie while we went to Tina and Anthony's couples' shower. It was great, as always, to have them visit!
Mom and Karen with Sophie... man, they copy each other, don't they (inside joke)
Sophie - the cheeky and serious sides... quite multi-deminsional already
Jack hanging with his new buddy... Kung Fu Panda guy - thanks to Grandma (Mama)





No comments:
Post a Comment