The first weekend of August was spent in NU playing host and hostess at Tina and Anthony's wedding! What a blast! They are so hilarious and had everything planned to a T, which made our job really easy! The only kicker is that they asked Mike and I to annouce the wedding party as they (officially) entered the reception. I guess I agreed to doing it before that weekend, however, they gave a few more details on their wished the night of which included having the Chicago Bulls Theme song blaring as I would announce (like a basketball announcer) each couple. NICE. It was actually fun. Mike and I had a beer in one hand and he was coaching me to yell louder throughout... it turned out, and they were happy which is all that counts!
Miss Kati Curry, aka Andrew's GF, came to NU to help us out with watching Jack and Sophie because Grandma and Grandpa flew out that Saturday for Idaho. The kids had a blast and Katie Roeder came over to help with bed and bath which, I am sure, was nice! Thanks again, Kati!!
The second weekend of August was the annual Roe-Joe Invitational which meant an all weekend event for the guys attending complete with warm-up round on Friday, actual tournement on Saturday, and recovery as usual on Sunday. The kids and I decided to get our own agenda rockin' for the weekend, which was a good idea!! We hit the road for the farm on Friday afternoon to see Nanny and Bapa, the Uncles, and all the cousins! We spent the afternoon fishing in the pond Bapa made (which is ridiculous and cute all at the same time), sitting in tractors with Nanny, and just roaming around the farm! It was a great day!
Then, on Saturday morning, we had visitors... Anna and Ellie came to stay the night with us while Ellie and Jack's daddies 'golfed'! We took in some downtown Rochester sites, ate outside in the Peace Plaza with the kids, tried to sneak in some shopping here and there, and then just chilled while the babes napped! It was so fun to see Ellie and Jack together in all their cuteness! Once the guys rolled in in Sunday, Anna and I passed the kids off and hit TJ MAXX for a little shopping therapy! It was fun and we were so happy they made the trip!!
One big milestone came for Sophie on Tuesday, August 12th when she sat up on her own while playing with her sweet new toy Mommy picked up over that weekend! I couldn't believe it. There she was sitting on the floor playing away not even realizing she was on her own until she looked up at me! Tell me, please, how does 5 1/2 months fly by so quickly? AMAZING!
In between all of the activity, we do find time to just hang out too...
Then, last weekend, we had our annual Roe Family Weekend at the lake! It is always a BIG weekend. Lots of people, food, fun, people, etc. Did I mention people?? ;) We survived nonetheless once more and swear we are getting smarter and smarter each year about ways to simplify the things we can so we can just have fun together! We celebrated Russ and Noah's birthdays on Friday night and then spent all day Saturday enjoying the pool, the sun, and Russ's new jetski he got! We took a great boat ride later in the afternoon and ate a ton of yummy food! Kathy, Tina, and I made our usual run into town to 'pick up food'. This time around, we hit Morristown with style. Another Thelma and Louise moment that we won't soon forget! Mike and I crashed with the kids on Saturday night a little early, but that is life these days! On Sunday we had brunch with Grandpa Milo and Grandma Joan for Great-Grandpa's bday and then we hit the road to get home and ready for the week again!
Yep... Mike is totally going to get me for posting this video! He was just having too much fun for me not to capture it and it is just too funny not to post it! (Tina and I told you it was going up, Mikey!)
And... Sophie had her first taste of veggies! We gave her sweet potatoes, a favorite of Jack's when he was on baby food, on Friday night. On Saturday, we switched it up and Mike fed her peas for the first time. Looks like the peas were more her style!
All in all, things are great! Jack's language is out of this world lately. He not only says everything he thinks, wants, sees, etc., but he does it with a kitchy sense of humor that Mike and I find ourselves shaking our heads over! Between him asking us "Why?" like he is a 10-year old to saying funny stuff like, "Tractors poop!" we sit on the edge of our seats each day to see what he comes up with next. Oh... and he can resite Hey, Diddle Diddle too!
Sophie is growing like a weed and waking me up in the middle of the night for the first time in nearly four months to get that extra feeding in! Whew... that is a killer after getting so use to her sleeping through the night.
Personally, I have found myself unable to sleep more than 6 hours lately too. My Mom spoke of this when Jack was born and told me her stories of mopping the kitchen floor at 12:30 at night, doing laundry well past our bed-times, etc. I never thought I could or would do it, but sure enough... and we even have a cleaning lady! Between two kids and both Mike and I working I have started to see that laundry is atrosious and the only way to get some of those nitty gritty things done is to stay up! I swear my Mom can't believe I got away with sleeping 8-9 hours every night this long! Good thing I did! I guess I just find it difficult to do those things when those two sets of adorable eyes are looking at me! I just want to snuggie or play, so the work waits until they are fast asleep - which is totally fine with me. A day in the life... how exciting, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment