The next milestone we need to document is Sophie and her blossoming language skills that thoroughly impressed all of us on Saturday morning (9/06/08). Not to be outdone by her brother's big weekend, Sophie stepped up to the plate with a little breakthrough of her own to mark the weekend... she started saying, "Dada, dada, dada"! Now, for all of you mother's out there, we all know it is the easiest first thing to say, so I will forgive her for not saying 'mama' first. I guess. Proud of her? YES! Pining for the day when she screams, "Mama, mama, mama!", Oh, yea!
Okay, so if that wasn't enough for one weekend... we decided it was time to get Jack a big boy bed. He started making a ritual out of waking up halfway through the night to slip into a little large accomodations (i.e. Mommy and Daddy's bed). It was sweat and endearing the first couple of nights. I thought he was having a bad dream or maybe coming down with something, however, after a couple of weeks of the manipulations of a rather adorable two-year old, I had to call it. It was enough. I hadn't slept well, Mike was in need of some decent sleep, and so it was done. He was getting a big boy bed. We picked it up on Sunday, September 7th and he has been in it every night since! Here is the footage of the crib coming down and the big boy bed going up!
As parents do, we paused for a good reflection of how quickly the time flies and I caught Mike on tape. Pretty sweet, Daddy!
And, a little 'shout out' to my GF, Sarah. Here is the group picture we took at her Happy Hour now that she is FINALLY leaving Benchmark. Amen.


No comments:
Post a Comment