Well, as all do, our kids have caught on and are pretty keen on when they know it will or will not fly with Mommy. Their Plan B? Just go under the table! This is a very frequent sight at our house if the kids know they have to ask me first. They just know I'll likely say no if we haven't yet had breakfast, lunch, or dinner. If it is Mike, though... oh, they'll just go get a treat and snuggie right up to him on the couch! At first it made me feel a little bad, but now I just know it is (secretly) adorable when I catch them!
This particular instance was right after we got their Easter baskets home from Nanny and Bapa after our visit to the farm. By default, Sophie just took the basket and made a b-line for the floor space under the table. I think I confused her by actually allowing it AND taking photos while holding back the giggles! Jack caught on that it was kosher and just pulled up some floor nearby and cracked open the chocolate bunny! Ahh... I've found it's OK to confuse and shock them every now and again and keep them guessing! ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment